View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Connie M.

Originally Posted by LindaM49
A couple of months ago my husband got an email...he uses my email address here at home for important things...not his addy at work. It was from our mortgage lender/Chase bank telling him that as of a certain date he would not longer have access to his online account to either make payments or look at it. It had the official Chase logo etc. but there was just something about it I didn't like. So...he called Chase and they said it's a scam...do NOT reply to it at all...not even to tell them to go jump off a bridge...lol. Anyway...the next month came and went and he still had access to the account. A couple of weeks ago I got the same exact email from the same person. Funny thing is...we refinanced our mortgage so it is no longer with Chase.

I'm a member of several candlemaking/soaping boards and just about everyday someone posts email scams they receive...mostly giving them a long story about receiving products that were broken and want them replaced. Most of them delete the emails OR request that the package be returned to them with the receipt so they can inspect it. Of course they never hear another word from them.

Too many people with too much time on their hands that they can sit around and think up this stuff.
Seems to me people that are smart enuf' to think of that kind of stuff could do well in a REAL job. Hmmmm....