View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
LindaM49

Originally Posted by geeblay627e120
My collie is not ferocious, but she is big and has a very loud deep bark. Someone came to the door the other day and I opened the inside door but not the storm door. I just said "I'm sorry I can't open this door because she is not leashed." I was holding her collar and she was barking up a storm. He left in a hurry.
About signs that say Beware of Dog: I was always told that indicates you already know you have a bad dog and if someone gets bitten you can get sued. But instead put signs that say "Guard Dog on Duty" which indicates it's a good dog, but trained to be a guard dog and only doing his job if someone comes on the property.
And I also lock my car doors no matter where I go and even for a quick run to the convenience store. Also, I have my keys in my hand when I exit the store or wherever, unlock my car as I get to the driver's door and immediately lock all doors as soon as I get in. I've read where women especially get in the car and fumble around in their purse or check their face and hair in the rearview mirror which is a no-no. When you are doing that it only takes a split second for someone to open your car door.

Thank you for that info about the dog sign. We bought a Beware of Dog sign last year but never put it out because of what you said. Great idea though for Guard Dog (or DOGS) on Duty. I think I will make a couple of those and laminate them and post one on the front door and one on the French doors in the back family room.