Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

This week we are going to use Kansas Dugout Blocks and Combination 4 patch Blocks.

You will find the directions for these 2 Blocks here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1020

You need a 2 1/2" template so if you don't have one just let me know. Send me your postal address by pm! PLEASE dont' post it here!!

You will see the quilt block and then you will see the layout of the blocks. Pay attention to where the colors go and how the blocks are turned.

If you change the values of the colors or put them in differant places than I did it will change the look of the quilt block.

So I hope this is an enjoyable journey for you all! And of course there is no time limit.

For those who have asked about directions to make the quilt block- Once you have learned to make the Blocks (follow the link above to find the directions for making the Blocks) then all you need to do is make as many Blocks as you need with the colors in the right places. Then sew them into rows and sew the rows together into the quilt block. I tend to sew mine into 4 patches and then sew the 4 patches together which leaves one row to sew on last. But you can sew them together any way you are comfortable with.

Iona
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278156[/ATTACH]

Iona's Layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]278157[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-278103.jpe   attachment-278104.jpe