View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:24 PM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by faithfulgranny
I love it! Is there a pattern available for sale?
[email protected]
There is a pattern called "Twisted Christmas" Wall Hanging. It is by The Gathering Room Quilt Shop.

The material's list references Lil' Twister ruler. It uses the 5" squares. There is a color picture on front, materials list on back. Inside is a single sheet of paper with minimal instructions that give square sizes and state "using Lil Twister ruler instructions, cut and sew together". :thumbdown: There are two color colored diagrams.

However, a very clever board member had already made one and posted two color photos depicting what is in this pattern so you have this for FREE.

I got it at the LQS when they had their teacher preview. They showed 3 different sizes of wreaths so I 'assumed' it would have instructions for 3 sizes inside. NOT SO. You had to take a class to get the other two sizes. However, started experimenting and used 2.5" squares for the 1" finished twister template and 3.5" squares for the 1.75" finished blocks.

The 1.75" template came with a pattern so I had a better understanding of how to use the twister ruler.

I would not buy the wreath pattern again if I were to do it over. :thumbdown:

Hint: The smaller twister templates are easier to cut around because you can put the entire piece on a smaller mat and turn the mat as you cut.