Old 11-01-2011, 05:17 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by jan on 446
I have a 503A on layaway from a great Sew & Vac shop. Got a manual online but it says nothing about what bobbins it takes. From the picture in the manual, it is metal and has 4 holes.
Can you tell me what number it takes?
Anything else I should know? I will find out Thurs. if there are any cams with it. Lots of feet though! Are the cams easily available?
Thanks,
Jan on 446
Jan the 503a does take a class 66 bobbin, but I'd get the vintage ones if you can! It takes a normal 15x1 needle, available everywhere! That machine has to have a cam to sew. I got my cams on E-bay. Cathy, who runs our TOGA's here in Northern California, has tons of those top hat cams. I have all the cams from 0 to 21. I don't know of any others past 21? You can usually get the basic box of cams and attachments on E-bay pretty reasonably. The 403 cams/attachments fit the 503! I love my Rocketeer! Welcome to the club!

Nancy
The class 66 bobbins I got from Sew-classic work very well - the ones from WM make good earrings after they break apart... I'm thinking I have a #22 disk for my 403. It is the one machine I own that I won't sell.