View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Trish88

Hi Robin.....Ive been sewing now for a 100 years lol ok maybe 25......and I never had a sewing room...but now I do I took over my daughters room when she moved out....and when I had to figure out what to do with my fabric I was just at a stand still because I had fabric that was in different sizes,colors etc......and I just kept them in a plastic bin so they wouldnt get soiled etc....so I went to my favorite antique store and I found a cabinet that fit into my room but its not huge and I did that for a reason.......I find if I just buy the fat quarters there already folded and they store neatly until you unwrap....so when I started using my fat quarters I saved the cardboard there wrapped in and I wrap all my fabric that I have on those......ok now your saying what do you do with fabric thats more then 1/2 yd or 2 yds etc......well I dont like buying fabric just to buy and let sit unless I need it.....and its hard to do but I finally have been able to do this and use up all my fabric that I already have.......I know some of you are saying but buying fabric is the best part of a new project and it is believe me......but think about it we collect so much and then we forget what we have or the style goes out etc......so now I have extra money to buy other things that I want for my sewing like the bigkick by sizzix.....which helps with all my applique....and when I need fabric I go to my cabinet and choose a color because now I can see what I have rather then searching my bins........so thats how I store my fabric in little piles.....and colors are separated so theres no spending time looking and messing up.......sorry about the lengthly post I got carried away lol.....god bless Trish