View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Honeynga

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
New windows, painting every room, new flooring, new light fixtures, new sinks and toilets, and new countertops and maybe a cabinet redo. I may have a fit before I get to the cabinets. The last of the flooring is going in today. What a mess and it's raining. This is my last ever redoing a house while we are living in it. :lol: I
My sweet wonderful inlaws bought a house on the historical registry in midtown atlanta several years back; sold their current house and moved in during renovations, oh what a mess. They lived in the upstairs which had been an apt while the main part of the house was restored. MY FIL was a true craftsman so all of the renovations had to be exact......the htg system was horrible; my MIL wore long johns under the clothes all the time; they cooked on hot plates and at one time had a cooler for a fridge until she absolutely put her foot down to get a temp fridge in the apt.....the walls were demolished but they had plastic drapings around......I don't know how she kept her santitiy during the renovations.

But rest assured, once all was done it was a show place and fit for entertaining a king ! There were 9 fireplaces in the hosue and each had been re built by hand; pocket doors refinished and re installed; butler's pantry re done; htg and AC systems installed...on and on, but once it was over she was so happy with the renovations.

NOW me, I would have probably said no way and either lived with it as it had been or moved to a hotel.

Hang in there, it will be awesome when you are finished, and plus, you'll have stories to tell !