View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:02 PM
SheriR

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
TWO STUPID QUESTIONS-

1. I am having hard time placing the leaves in the right place and then ironing them down. Is there a trick to this or do people just eye it?

2. The idea of glueing them down and then sewing on the plate and center sounded good to me. I used my spray baste to "glue" down the plate and center. Is there another way to do it? I had DH bring a very big box to the house and I was going to use it as my mini "spray booth" to spray baste the back of the plate and center. I did one this way and I liked it but I wonder if there are other ways?

Well I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I sure am!
Anna, I don't know if you'll see this before you finish. lol... I don't get email notification anymore about posts here... I'm at the same phase in my Dresdens as you are. Here's what I'm doing. 1) I looked at Deb's tutorial, saw what others on the threads had done in other Dresden's posts....Then...I eyeballed it...haha... 2)I'm gluing with Glue-Baste-It... While I sleep I have my 12" square cutting ruler on top of them all with something heavy on that to press them all over night. (A pumpkin..haha) It's probably not necessary, but I'm sleepy so I'll do the basting around the plate after church tomorrow. The glue should be dried...it's probably dry now, but like I said..I'm sleepy LOL..

Good Luck!!! Can't wait to see how yours turn out.

~Sheri