Old 11-07-2011, 04:47 AM
LindaM49

I have had long "dry spells" through all of my years of sewing too. I have said this several times here...when my mother lived with us...probably the last year of her life I got back to sewing. Hubby bought me the new sewing machine that I wanted and I was sewing clothes for myself and had a lot of plans including a quilt...I had never thought of quilting before. When she died I lost all interest and my machine sat idle for over 11 years.

I have a very small other type of business pouring candles and have been doing it for over 10 years. I haven't poured a candle since spring and have decided NOT to have my annual 2 day Christmas Open House this year. I have made a nice amount of money from it every year but this year for some reason I lost the desire. Once I get back up in my shop and start pouring it all will become exciting again...but for now I need a break. This isn't a hobby for me because it gives me my spending money but...when your heart and soul isn't in it it's hard to force yourself to do it...and of course that's when you always screw things up. Right now I've thrown myself into sewing/quilting and am loving it.

As someone else said...just stepping away for a while and don't feel guilty about it because...maybe it is just me...but the more I dwell on what I think I should be doing the longer I stay away from doing it. I hope that made sense...lol.