View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
katykwilt

Do you realize how lucky we quilters are when we are presented with these tough decisions? Ever so often I get a reality check when I read about women in impoverished countries and see what they use for their creations. Now, to get to your delimma. Get the Horizon -- I have a Janome 6500, use it as my main machine, but also have 7 other old Singers, the portables are used for teaching others about sewing. I feel the old iron horses are just that -- great machines that have unbeliveable durabilty. Love them. Also like the new computerized models, but have noticed that they need more maintenance -- though, not enough to discourage anyone from enjoying all the attributes that they offer, like the extra space, the ton of special stitches, the ease of threading, etc. If you can get one, do it. You'll learn many more new techniques and enjoy a new, special tool. However, I understand there is a new Janome out that upstages that 7700 -- haven't seen it, but, gosh, can't be too close-mined now, can we?