View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
SharBear

Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
I used to wonder why anyone would want more than one sewing machine - now I have four! A Janome 4800 that I bought when I started to quilt (until then had no interest at all in sewing). A friend gave me an inexpensive little Toyota machine, then a few months ago I bought a Featherweight,mostly out of curiosity, having read so many good things about them. It was love at first sight and I now use it more than the Janome. And yesterday I brought home my latest, a 1950 Singer 201, which I'm hoping to use for free motion quilting. May give away the Toyota, as I don't use it, but the other 3 are all likely to stay in regular use.
OM GOSH I thought I was the only one who ever had the litte Toyota machine!! It was my first. I have given it to a good home after.

I've got two - a Bernina Activa 145 that I got used for a STEAL. and a BRAND NEW (she's only 3 days old) Baby Lock Sofia 2 that I'm using for classes / workshops. Does a Serger count - if so, up me to 3. The serger is a life saver when you have short people who need their pants hemmed - and DH and DS#1 are in that catagory!!