Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
OMG!!!!! Monica I love you!!!! Did you read the whole ad? It says "Hitachi family electro-vessel sale Corporation Manufacture" and I think the end means made in 1938, 2,000 allotted maybe? Then it says "Hitachi sewing machine TAT-100 Showa era 38 year made HITACHI black." It is made by Hitachi!!! Now this makes sense. The type of treadle irons are from that time frame! Monica, I am so excited how did you do that? Jon and I both searched the web and I couldn't find anything about the Hitachi?

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Nancy

I got so excited when I found this! I just googled Hitachi sewing machines and looked at images for something similar, clicked on numerous images, this one was a series of pics of sections of the machine group together.

So, now the question, why is Hitachi saying they never manufactured a machine, lost records?

Nancy, Now I wish I had driven the 2+ hours in one direction for this machine instead of giving the heads up on it. If for some reason you do not wish to keep this machine let me know and I will purchase it from you. And one day I would love to see this machine.

There some really cool looking Japanese machines on that auction site, and I love the names. One machine is called a "Happy".

Glad to be of help!!!!