View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 PM
aborning

I also have to help figure out the programs this coming ear for our quilt guild. Last night at our meeting, we asked for ideas that members may have, for programs next year. Some members volunter to show hwo to do a technique or pattern. We also get at least one local Quilt Shop to come and set up one month and talk about new items, new patterns, hot items, tips and tricks, etc. I wil be doing a demonstation one month on Terry Atkinson's zippy strippy bag. I will be improvising it a little to make a flap (instead of putting in the zipper, and then adding a long narrow strip handle, to use it for a book bag. This zippy strippy bag will also give "newbie" quilters the know-how of Quilt-as-you-go technique when making these bags. I am actually making a bunch for my nieces for Xmas presents. I also will be deomonstrating one month on making a microwave baked potato bag and making a simpel potholder. These are ideas for quilters who no longer have anyone to make quilts for, but want to make something "quilty". At oen of our all day sewing days (we have twice a year), I also demonstrated how I make a casserole carrier.