Old 11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
aneternalpoet

I will have to go out of town , at least a two hour drive to find any kind of dealer for anything but a Viking.. Our little store here that is part fabric, part hot tub, and part sewing machine only carries a few Vikings.. I have not heard much positive about the store owner who does repairs, and not many will purcahse machines from him. We live in the middle of the mountains here, where winter is not good to travel one way over a mountain pass, or the other way, in a deep canyon .. so I need to figure out soon if I want to drive to Washington state to the nearest bernina .. snows already falling , so it will be next week that I need to check things out.. Thanks for your tips, and you are so lucky to be able to sew for quilt shops - thinking about all that lovely fabric you get to use.. I can only dream of what that much be like to have actual yardage to choose from..
Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
I have used a singer, Janome, kenmore, and husqvarna and many others. Before I retired I wanted to buy a new machine, I went to a Bernina Dealer and bought one of theirs. That was 4 years ago and I have never been sorry. Its the best machine I ever had. You get a 20 year warranty on mechanical parts, 2 years on electrical and if you get a computerized machine you a 5 year warranty on the circuit boards. I sew everyday, as I make samples for the quilt shops, plus I am a quilter. Whether your buying a new or used one I dont think you can go wrong with a Bernina. Oh and Im not affiliated with Bernina in any way, just a retired woman who loves to make quilts and so happy I finally have the time to do it