View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I'm posting the photos of the Jane Doe makeover for Miriam...if you have questions, she'll have to be the one to answer!
Those first are before shots. You can see she needs some clean up but she isn't terrible - but she was stuck up but good. I was holding her in my lap so we could move her around. Hannah was in charge of the Tri-flo - I had her put one or two drops on anything that she could see that moved. I just moved the machine around and tried to turn the wheel. After a bit of work it turned slightly. We kept dropping Tri-flo and all of a sudden Janie was free! Wow - she spins nice. We got her sewing. Iris & Hannah polished up chrome with some chrome cleaner and the stuff with the rust came off with Barkeeper's Friend. I'm not sure why there are so many pics of the bobbin area. I guess Iris was impressed. We took apart the bobbin area and used chrome cleaner - the 15 is an easy one to do - not all of them are that easy to take apart and you don't usually need to. This one needed the chrome cleaner - it was kind of rough. When we got that area cleaned we did the needle bar. It was rusty and cleaned up with the chrome cleaner. We oiled it good, cleaned the cover and put it back. Then we opened up the round thing the light goes on and oiled in there. That was when she started to really set free!!!!

Photo's by Iris.

Last edited by miriam; 11-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.