View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I have had one for years. It belonged to my neighbor lady. (I've always been a bit snobbish about sewing machines.) I just never used it until I was testing attachments. I got into the FM and fell in love. These are fantastic for that if nothing else. They are usually pretty inexpensive on CL or yard sales. They are simple to use. Parts are available. The motors are strong and fast. They clean up pretty easy. They are a little tricky to learn to thread. You have to make sure and follow the directions in the manual. What can you find anywhere that would make a better back up machine or a machine to learn on? When we were working on Janie, we put a hand crank and a finger guard on another 15 I've been working on. The hand crank was a blast - it turned so freely! The finger guard is very nice - I want one for any low shank I own. I don't like getting vaccinated with a sewing machine needle. Yeah, Charlee this is one to have. They come in many colors. Melinda is trying for one of each color I think.

Last edited by miriam; 11-21-2011 at 01:29 AM.