Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 AM
happymrs

Good topic, I agree! Not sure what all I tried for the first time this year, but my love for quilting continues to grow. It has also become more challenging with a retired hubby home 24/7 now. He recently set up his studio & is back into doing his hand tooled leather work, & that is helping, both of us already, thank goodness. I have played with applique more this year, & find I love back basting the best. Have played with some machine quilting, the Sharon Peterson way, with rubber cement. It's nice too, but seems like more prep work, so may switch to back basting those Rose of Sharon designs too. I have made lots of blocks this year, that seems to hold my interest. Thinking in this new year, I am going to start figuring out creative ways to put some of them together & make good use of them! Slowly getting use to this new board set up, I really have liked it here, & didn't want to leave! Getting use to it now & still learning my way around, but glad I stayed!... Enjoy the holidays everyone, they will be here & gone before we know it!...