View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:36 PM
kerrytaylor

Originally Posted by Threadbanger View Post
Hey all- I'm very new to quilting (less than a year) and as of yet have only done piecing with squares/rectangles. I am very interested in doing the fun patterns with triangles but am a bit wary. I'm afraid they will be complicated and I will end up ruining some of my precious and pretty new fabric stash. I also want to avoid overly frustrating myself. Life is stressful enough and hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable. What say you more experienced quilters? Should I just jump in or get a little more straight line experience?
I am sooo glad you asked this question. I too am fairly squeaky new to quilting and have done literally only squares and rectangles. I am drawn to so many patterns requiring HST but am terrified of any bias cut; so afraid of botching and ruining good fabric. Like you, I want what little time I have to quilt a positive experience not one of stress or frustration. I pored over each response and everyone is right. We should just go for it and (!) and enjoy our creations. This board is so amazingly helpful, encouraging and insightful! Thanks all!