View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 04:31 PM
sewbeadit

Default Working on #3 Grandsons quilt

I am making quilt tops for gifts as I won't have time to long arm quilt them before Christmas. I got this one top done for my youngest GS and while checking to see if it was square I found it was way off. I have never had this problem before. While trying to figure out where it (I) went wrong I realized I had sewn it on two different machines the first third with one machine and the last 2/3 with a dual feed Pfaff, made the first 1/3 way off in size. So I had to rip that side out last night and will finish it tonight, I am hoping it turns out correct this time. Then I have two more to do.

This is my version of "eye spy" quilt. I cut the eye spy fabrics into 6 inch wide pieces and then cut them in different lengths, sewed a sash in between, then the long sash the length of the quilt to define each eye spy fabric. I did this with 1 inch finished to 1/2 inch sashing because I wanted to get as many different fabrics on this as possible. Usually I will use a 2 inch strip inbetween. I like the way they turn out and even the adults get excited looking for all the neat different fabrics.[ATTACH=CONFIG]296106[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]296107[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]296108[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0078.jpg   img_0075.jpg   img_0082.jpg