View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
Finally! Something I can do along with the group. Well, sort of. I can cook along. I'm ordering The Best of the Farmer's Wife Cookbook. I'll try to find recipes that relate in some way to the blocks. I'll let you know how it goes. .............
Good Morning TDT ... somehow I missed your post, earlier!
OMG ...
Ladies ... we have ourselves a Cook for the Chuckwagon!
Now this is a BIG YEEEEEHAW, indeed!!!!!!!

TDT ... heck, I don't care if them there recipes are connected to the block, just cook us up some good vittles, and we'll be happy little cowgirls! Of course, I'm sure you already know that part of that happiness would be that you share the recipes with us! We can do the chopping and cutting for you, so you can steer clear of the sharp things!

So, if you cut the fabric when trimming a thread, maybe Santa could bring along a new machine with a thread cutter on it just for you! When I got my new one, it had that and I thought it was a dumb thing .... well, yes, I'm eating my words now and am totally enamoured with it!

TDT, here's a question you might be able to answer, about the geneology of the FW that these quilts are based on! Now that you mentioned The Best of FW Cookbook, I'm thinking your vast knowledge just may have the answers! Way back in history, when I was married, I was given a subscription to Farm Wife news, which later became Farm Wife magazine. Then it evolved to Country Woman magazine, which is part of the Reiman Publications group of magazines. BTW I love all those magazines, and especially any of the recipes they publish!

Which leads me to wonder, if this FW is the predecessor of the current magazine?
Thanks for your help ... and ooooh I'm looking forward to what you stir up!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-21-2011 at 04:07 AM.