View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:55 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy View Post
Fireworks is illegal here in Vt. but just ignored. We have neighbors that set off fireworks slowly for hours on every holiday and other "joyous" occasions. Our 100# Golden Retriever goes nuts and this makes for some pretty miserable evenings. We don't really get along with these neighbors because of other issues like this so asking them to stop is out of the question. The police filter calls and would probably not even respond. You would have to go to a selectboard and then nothing can be decided, it would take years and would never be enforced anyhow, just a losing battle. Vt. really is like that old sitcom with Bob Newhart.
My experience with complaining has been that the problem then just escalates. In my instance, I am very close with my neighbors, but when he has a little too much to drink, he gets a little crazy. I told his wife that the next time he decides to set off fireworks to please call me about an hour ahead of time so I can drug the dogs. Think he will do that?!?!? Nah!!!