View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Termi

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club quilt

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
Hi Termi,

Laurie's designer here. I created the CD on a Mac, so... Yes, the disc works on a Mac, and it does not have to stay in the computer. When you dragged the patterns folder to your documents folder, did you give it a minute or two to download the files from the CD to the Documents folder?

That is the first thing that comes to mind that might be causing the problem. I would suggest dragging the patterns from your Documents folder to the Trash, and then insert the CD and try again. Keep an eye on the status bar to be sure the download is complete before ejecting the CD.

Another less likely possibility is that your computer is running out of room. Have you trashed Caches folders recently? It's astonishing how much memory they use up. If your computer seems to be a little sluggish these days, it could be that the Caches folders need to go to the Trash. If this reads like techie gobbledegook, let me know and I'll tell you the steps in actual English. LOL

On the other hand, is your computer connected to a server?

Toni
Hi Laurie, I didn't see a status bar when I inserted the CD, I just kind of went by the sound inside the computer. Is there a particular screen I should have up when inserting the CD? I probably didn't wait long enough like you said. I will try it again. As far as the caches folders, if you mean do I empty the cache, then yes, I do that often. I'm not sure I know what it means to be connected to a server. Just so you know, I am able to access the patterns with no problem when the CD is in the computer. Laurie, thanks so much for the suggestions!! I may not get a chance to insert the CD again until monday. I'll let you know how I do. Happy Holidays, Termi