View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:27 PM
tdtdesign

Originally Posted by Termi View Post
Hi Laurie, I didn't see a status bar when I inserted the CD, I just kind of went by the sound inside the computer. Is there a particular screen I should have up when inserting the CD? I probably didn't wait long enough like you said. I will try it again. As far as the caches folders, if you mean do I empty the cache, then yes, I do that often. I'm not sure I know what it means to be connected to a server. Just so you know, I am able to access the patterns with no problem when the CD is in the computer. Laurie, thanks so much for the suggestions!! I may not get a chance to insert the CD again until Monday. I'll let you know how I do. Happy Holidays, Termi
It's one of those little progress bars that pop up on your screen to show you what percentage of the CD has been copied. I made a screen capture of it, but I can't figure out how to add an attachment. When you first drag the pattern folder from the CD to your Documents folder, the name of the patterns folder and the folder icon will be grayed out until the download is finished. If you don't know whether you're on a server, it means you're not. :-)

One more thing, in case you're not, you should be in the habit shutting down your computer every night. Your Mac's little digital brain does some important work when the computer is turned off. Be sure to turn off the computer completely and then restart it before you try the CD again.

Don't run the files directly off the CD. They won't work properly.

Merry Christmas.

Toni