Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Don't buy that fabric. If it doesn't sell the store will stop ordering it. The designer will have what she wants, her fabric all to herself. LOL.

I read 4 pages replies and have come to this conclusion: 1. This is utterly ridiculous! 2. If I buy fabric, it is mine to do with as I please. I am not some big 'manufacturer' I am me, alone with my sewing machine and maybe make less than 100 pieces to sell at a flea market, or I use it for my own projects to keep or give away at my own discretion. 3. If the designer thinks that much of their fabric that they feel that they can tell me what to do with it, they can keep it all to themselves! I don't need someone, whom I don't know, telling me what I can and can not do in my own home with fabric of all things!! 4. The price of the fabric is high enough now that it is hard for some of us to purchase it and if we do make and sell something from it, we are not only giving away our time and craft, but are loosing money because there is always someone with their hand out wanting a cut of what you are doing, let it be booth rental or sales tax or fee to sell or fee to collect money, ect.. in the end, it is just another hand that is trying to double dip into our already empty pockets for the lint that is left! 5. Look what happened to the embroidery world when the designers started telling everyone where they could use their designs.. that market has dropped off like a lead balloon. It got to the point that the only designs you could use were ones that you digitized yourself, and then you had to be careful of the line drawing you used!

I say again, this is utterly ridiculous!

JM2C
Susan