View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 PM
auniqueview

I see a lot of you talking about spouses or yourself being depressed this time of year, and also see that a lot of you are up north. My son, who lives in Missouri, was Scrooge incarnate, until I told my dil that he was most likely suffering from seasonal depression, a very real problem, caused by the decrease in sunlight this time of year. A lot of the quilters have small versions of just what you need....the ott lights.

I had her get a couple of work shop lights and install the wide spectrum florescent lights in them. It has to be the wide spectrum, because that it just like natural sunlight. I used to use them to raise flowers. His office was down in the basement, so she hung them down there. He thought I was full of bologna, but dear old mom knew of what she spoke. They had used this same technique in schools where kids were having disruptive behaviour problems from not being able to be out in the sunshine.

Well, goodbye Scrooge. No more depression, and he enjoys the holidays now, and is far more pleasant to deal with in the winter time, which is pretty darn dreary up there....and so is the spring, aka Monsoon season. So think about it.