View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 02:00 PM
SuzanneG
Banned

Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
This attitude is one I agree with--I do what I enjoy doing, I do what my family loves and I embrace the true "reason for the season" . My younger daughter, in response to the frantic activities of others made the remark "come on people, I'm not planning the Normandy invasion-just a celebration of love".
Thank you JayCee (and Rosyhf, along with a few others with positive responses to this thread)! I was getting seriously depressed reading one negative post after another, then yours came along and made my day!

Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas. Seriously, without Him, there would be no holiday called Christmas. What we do beyond celebrating that birth is of our own doing. If during the season we become over-worked, over-tired, and over-spend, we have no one to blame but ourselves. If you made choices that caused this Christmas season to overwhelm you, I suggest you make a deal with yourself that next year you will remember the reason for the season and forget all the other things that tire you out, bring you down and drain your bank account. And then next year at this time, hopefully you will be saying "Oh, it all ended too soon. I LOVED the Christmas season this year!"