Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Allie gave me permission to post a photo or two of the quilt that is on the way to her.
I would wait a bit until she received it, but I really have to cut down on the time I spend on the board and get some work done!
I originally planned this to be an audition for a little quilt to enter using my guild's challenge fabric for the spring show. Well, that plan didn't work too well especially since I couldn't find the fabric!
This is a "Show Us Where You Live" quilt ~ since I live in New York on a little island next to the sea and I love to go fishing on the bay side.
I wanted to include a New York Beauty block since I took a class a few months ago. Of course I forgot how to make them and that was another challenge. One thing led to another and what I hope this represents is the sun over the water with the fish below. I don't think the photos show it too well, but I placed a bit of gold lace netting with a spattering of sequins over the sun and another bit in the sea representing a fishing net and seaweed. The orange in the sea and the bit in the sky are reflections of the sun. It is thread painted with luminous blue/green glitter thread for a little bit of interest. You also cannot tell, but the border consists of three very thin hues of different blues.
Overall, I rather like it ... except for my binding. I really need some practice on that skill!
Allie, it really does look better in person ... except for the binding which probably looks worse!
Attached Thumbnails jan-2012-1.jpg   jan-2012-2.jpg