Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 AM
d.rickman

I have a quilting ironing board over my regular ironing board. The quilting ironing board - top rectangular piece of 1/2" plywood is 22" x 60", has a frame on the bottom side of the quilting ironing tabletop, and has 4 fasteners attached to that frame. .
The rectangular ironing board that fits on top of my regular ironing board, has 4 fastener made with of 1" x 3" pieces of wood, that is fastened loosely onto a screw, so can be turned and used as a fastener to
steady the quilting ironing tabletop (Ironing Board) which is fastened to the ironing board underneath, and these pieces of wood are very secure onto the regular bottom ironing board.

I can lift off the quilting ironing board with no difficulty and I just stand it on end between my shelving units. So on Laundry days can iron our clothes and put the quilting ironing board back on when I'm working on quilts. Also gives me more counter in my sewing room.....

The cover is layered as follows: top - silver grey self padded fabric ( like thinsolate) (this layer will be tacked all around with staples using a staple gun on the bottom side of this quilt ironing board over all the layers - mitering the corners.
2nd layer is: batting just to cover the top - do not wrap around
3rd layer is: polyester low loft sheet of fibrefil - wrap this over the edges
4th layer is: piece of felt to cover the top area as well