View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 AM
romanojg

I can totally relate to you. This year I turned 57 and for the first time in over 40 yrs I'm not only an empty nester when my youngest moved out with her 2 little ones my husband decided the booze was more important than a 26 yr old marriage. Anyway, it's also the winter and our bodies don't always like what the cold does to it and I'm one that likes the sunlight to keep my spirits up so I've had all of these things working against me.

I'm loving the empty nest and the empty house thing now. I got a new living room and bedroom set all thru Craiglist. I have to admit I did alot of crying in the beginning not due to the empty nester but the empty house but now I'm over that part. I see my daughter several times a week and I normally have my grandson at my house at least once if not more each week.

Let me tell you a few weeks ago I read on here about the oregano oil and how it helps the aches and pains and I thought ok, willing to try anything. I hate to take drugs. I went to the health food store and got it and Arnica Gel which I love. I used the Arnica during the day when at work so that I didn't smell like a pizza and the oil at night and couldn't believe how fast my back stopped hurting. This is something that normally doesnt' happen; I'm normally in pain for months instead of just a few days. The oil is supposed to be good for alot of things and I know the gel is good for aches and pains and bruising. My grandson loves it because he gets growing pains in the middle of the night and it's the only way we get him back to sleep is rub it on his legs. I turn my lights on bright in my house to try and get the extra light for that as well. Now, I enjoy being able to go to the store by my self and not be rushed or buy more expensive food item since it's only me eating. Just keep busy and try and enjoy life.