View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:40 PM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by daisydebby
Wow, it's so beautiful!!!! YOu did such amazing work. Thanks for the inspiration. If you don't mind answering, what kind of paper did you use to PP? Am asking 'cuz I just started the Dear Jane on this board and copy paper is pretty darn thick. COuld use any tips you give. Thanks again@@
I'll PM you as well.

I used plain old copy paper, and while it's OK to use for most paper piecing projects ... I recommend something much thinner than that for the Mini Lonestar. The reason is that you paper piece each diamond in a row going across, and there is a space in between each row. Then you fold the paper in-between each row to sew the rows together and it's at this step that the thickness of the paper makes it difficult to get a good tight fold. Without that tight fold you lose the points on the diamonds. Also ... after piecing it's much easier to rip out something thinner than copy paper and these were teeny tiny pieces. You have the pieces for each diamond, and the pieces in the "fold" as well. Gave my tweezers a workout!!