Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Thanks for that info, Sharon. I was wondering if they are all truly interchangeable...I have a 15 in a straight leg treadle that I want to put my 1909 66-1 in, and I thought it would fit fine, but wasn't sure. So, I won't have to find another cabinet and irons to use it. That's great news.
It was Sharon that pointed this fact out to me when I first started collecting and posting to this QB thread. Along with the information about treadling a Singer 201 (external motor) without having to change the hand wheel. Her posts got me looking for other Singers with external motors that could be treadle. From there, I found that a Singer 328k can be treadle, just leave motor in machine, but bypass it. I wanted a vintage machine that could produce decorative stitches and be treadle. The 328k isn't the smoothest machine to treadle, but it can be done and works. I'm sure a Necchi Supernova would be much better for that purpose, and it fits into a Singer cabinet with minor adjustments. Thanks to Sharon, I learned that any combination is possible, just have to think outside the box.