View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Denise S

I have only ever done SITD, but recently I got a new machine, a Juki, which I love and would like to learn to FMQ. I have been quilting 15-20 years (nothing too fancy) on an old Riccar machine and it has served me well, but the Juki is amazingly awesome!

I am interested in trying a long arm and the sitdown. I will be going to a quilt show in 5 weeks, so I will have ot check them out. Right now I do not have the time, space, or funds for a long arm or sitdown...hopefully some day.

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by tootsquilts View Post
Denise, I did not learn how to FMQ on my regular machine, all I done on my regular machine was Stitch in the Ditch. I did have a Janome 1600 set up on a New Joy frame that I used for about 4 months. I was not happy with the small space that I had on that, but I did get some practice in on it.
I got my HQ Avante 2 years ago in December. That is when I really started to do the FMQ. Kim Brunner's, Twirly Whirly Feathers, was my first DVD to purchase and study. I have never been sorry that I got that one. It really helped with everything, and not just the feathers. It taught me to used paper and pen bunches. I think the learning curve never stops, and you just get a little better with each quilt or I know in my case that is the way it is. I still feel that I make lots of mistakes on each quilt and not happy with any of them totally but all in all they look ok, and everyone says thay are really good. I am my biggest critic.

I do not know anything about the HQ Sweet Sixteen sit down. I have heard lots of good things about the HQ 16, and nothing was bad.
Hope this helps, if not let me know.