Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 AM
breezyquilts

I have a lot of people ask if my quilts are for sale or ask if I will make them one and my answer is no. They would have to get in line behind my ufo's and it is a very long line. Every now and then, I will make one to order, but very seldom. I made a small quilt for one of my patients, his wife had asked me to. He is 90 yrs old. It was a picture of the ship he served on in Canada. He actually was in the service in the USA and Canada, served in the navy for both!! Amazing. I had his wife sneak a picture of him on the boat. It was a such a surprise to him, he actually cried when I gave it to him. Made me cry. I did not charge him for it, I just wanted to do it for them. His wife came in a week later and gave me a thank-you card with $50 in it!!
I had a woman tell me awhile back that I could make a lot of money on my wall rugs, even up to $40!! I smiled and thanked her for the compliment and shook my head when out of view. I love quilting and so far I don't need to sell them. So many people do not realize the time and money and skills that go in to them.