View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
irishrose

[ATTACH=CONFIG]310368[/ATTACH]The MW is as clean as a whistle. It was serviced before being stored which may be her problem. You do a machine no favors when you oil it and then not use it. I will keep sewing a little at a time and looking for more places to oil. It sews well, but stiff and noisy. The base is a little rough, but the case is in great shape with no odor. If I buy it, I will recover them.

The Admiral wouldn't sew today and it did when I bought it last summer. I discovered the belt is loose so I need to shift the motor back. I scraped off that RWB decal and the machine looks much better. It is the prettier of the two black machines [ATTACH=CONFIG]310368[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310369[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310370[/ATTACH]with her Art Deco decals and faceplate. THe turquoise and gold trim is a nice touch. This one has not been cleaned. The tension spring is not in the right position and not engaged, but it sews without it. I will get brave and take the tension apart. Those are good directions you linked on the first page, Miriam.

The Universal's motor is laying on a chair. I had a new cord put in it and I don't want to put the motor on until I clean the machine. As you can see, she needs it, but everything is in perfect condition so she will clean up well.

I see only the MW as a 15 clone.
Attached Thumbnails mw.jpg   100_0225.jpg   universal.jpg  

Last edited by irishrose; 02-09-2012 at 04:29 PM.