Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 AM
oldcatlady

Thanks everyone. My parents grew up in SE Ohio on farms. I had aunts and uncles that were dairy/beef cattle farmers. The county my father lived in has dozens of quilt blocks painted on barns throughout the county. It's fun to drive around looking for them. The city I live in used to have a big rubber factory years ago that made gloves and balloons. We have a big annual parade that celebrates that heritage and we have dozens of hot air balloons take off.

There are several large apple orchards in my county so I threw in an apple basket in the corner. We grow tons of corn in ohio but could not find any corn stalks in my stash One of my favorite ohio slogans (used to be on our license plates) was 'Ohio....the heart of it all', that's why I put the heart on the silo. I tried to combine as much as I could and still make it look like it went together. I really loved making it. I want to make myself one.

I found the most gorgeous balloon fabric on line from the 'Elizabeth's Studio' line if any one needs any for a project. She specializes in novelty prints.

What a fun month of quilts!

Lynnie, I'm so glad you like it.