Old 02-11-2012, 02:26 PM
QuiltnCowgirl

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]I got a PM from my partner, uniquedesigner, that she got her package so I'm going to go ahead & post pictures of the doll quilt I sent her. I named it "The Croplands of California". Even though I am technically a "city girl" I grew up with the influence of agriculture in many aspects of my life. From my first job at 13, cutting peaches for drying every summer at the small farm down the street from our home, to being in 4-H and participating with my country counter-parts in the fairs and events, to taking up horse riding & ownership at the age of 33 & fulfilling a life long dream, to working with many accounting clients who are farmers, to coming full circle & currently working as a bookkeeper at a local family owned farm, growers of almonds & citrus, and working part time at a friend's Thoroughbred horse arm. Farming is in my blood. My grandparent's families farmed & ranched in Nebraska. My grandmother shared stories of plowing fields with a team of horses. I remember at the age of 9 roaming a great-uncle's cattle ranch on his pony for hours and hours. And, since California supplies over half of this nation's fruits, nuts & vegetables, it seemed only appropriate for this to be how I showed where I am from.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Attached Thumbnails croplands-california-3-640x359-.jpg