Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Highmtn

PS...
One of the GREATEST things my quilting mentor EVER taught me is to patiently tear stuff apart and reconstruct. Yes, it's VERY discouraging, but that's how we learn. I had a major disaster awhile back and thought I had totally ruined a beautiful block. I showed it to a friend who's helped me learn to quilt and when she told me to rip out my LARGE mistake and just rebuild the block I thought she was crazy. I went home...thought...what the heck...the block is ruined so may as well SEE if I can actually reconstruct the block. IT WORKED.. I was beyond pleased as I was totally OUT of the fabric I had made the block from, and the fabric was from my stash so not like I could go somewhere, pick up some more fabric and make another block. The block was "satin stitch" rich...and I picked it ALL OUT with no damage to the block. I had to go slow and be careful, but it was a GREAT lesson above all.

You've put A LOT OF WORK into that project. Pick off the binding, and just put it back on. You'll be sooo happy you tackled it and got it right.