Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by nikki128 View Post
While I did not participate in the February secret pal swap, I am very happy to join you in the March swap. I noticed some of you are already shopping for your pal. How do you do that without knowing his/ her info? Do you just buy basic notions etc. then add something from their list?
greenini gave you the general idea of shopping early for your secret pals and a small stash box. tuesday mornings have several quilty items for $2.99 or less such as thimbles, sewing needles, templates, grid paper. these are general quilty things that quilters use. i am one that do not have many "extra" fabrics in my "stash" as i buy my fabrics for projects so now i search through remnant bins for fabrics. i really like this new remnant pricing strategy at hancocks as all cotton remnants are $2.00/yd. i have found 1 yard remnants of m'liss (reg $8.99/yd) and their top drawer fabric (reg $8.99/yd) to use for swap packages. well..... i loved the m'liss botanical fabric piece so much i am not sure i can part with any of it now.

as far as for handmade things that can be made in advance, it would include things like pincushions, mug rugs, needle books, thread catchers just to name a few. and of course there are basic items such as thread (black, white, tan, blue), hand sewing needles, safety pins that can be bought when on sale or you run into them at great prices in any store.

overall welcome to this monthly swap. we have a great time here and lori is an excellent and patient host. i hope you have fun and do not put yourself through any of that "first time swapper" stress. just put something together that you would like to receive and it will be just great.