View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:46 AM
kathdavis

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Somebody mentioned bobbin problems with Janome. Several times I thought the bobbin was misbehaving, but always found if I pull out the bobbin and the thing it's in, and clean out all the fluff junk in there, it works fine. I have a small paintbrush that I use to stick down in back of the bobbin area, and it catches dust bunnies in there like crazy. I do wish I could get new designs from the internet, but the converter box I'd need cost about $500, which is way too much for me, especially now that I've retired.
I've done all of that on my Janome and still have problems. It really takes the fun out of embroidering. There is a noted problem with their bobbins. It is on many of the blogs, supposedly Janome corrected the problem, but you would never know it.

For a converting program, I purchased a program from Logo Tools for $100. It is great and very reasonable. Tech support has been great each time my computer has crash or I've gotten a new computer, they have helped me install on another computer. I purchased online. You can google Logo Tools.