View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:01 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Well, the only thing so far out of the ordinary is that - I can not get the needle bar to move! I cleaned and oiled her, a few times - no go. That needle bar is stuck solid! No wonder they just wanted me to take that machine for $5! I have never had a machine so stuck before! I was always able to unstick even the rusted ones. This machine has no rust - had a lot of dirt, lint, but she won't budge! I took the wheel off too just checking, and pulled the bobbin casing - no go - the handwheel will not turn the needle bar!

Nancy
Nancy,
Janie Doe the 15 clone was stuck too. Here is a link http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t169127.html - maybe something in there will be of interest on getting her unstuck. Janie was stuck and wouldn't move her needle bar. We could have used a bit of heat but didn't have to. My sister lives in AZ so she puts the machine in the sun and lets the sun heat it a bit - sure enough they turn. It is best though if you can get all the dried up oil and gunk out of there. We will need to re-do Janie some time because all we did was squirt some Tri-flow on her moving parts. Hannah was pregnant at the time so we didn't want to get into anything chemical. I added some comments at the end of Janie's thing...

Last edited by miriam; 03-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.