Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM
AlamoAA

I have the instructions but they are hard to figure out how to do the dowel handle holder. And the bottom and sides are not working out. but it could be me. I cut as it said but...
It says 1.5 yds quilted material, i pkg 7/8"(number PC706) Quilt binding to match, 3 pkgs of 1/2" (numbers 206) 1 36" wooden dowel, Template for handle cut-out, Cut front and back out at 19.5" x 18", cut 4 pockets at 19.5" x 12.5. It says to cut a 7" x 44" for the joining strip. But it is too short to do the bottom and both sides. (I need to see one) Basically bias tape edges on top where you cut out your half circle template for handles front and back. then bias tape all 4 pockets on top only. use the narrow bias here. You also have 43" long strip by 2" for the dowels to attach to the bag. I have not figured out how to do that yet.
Then You attach the pockets to the front and back. So you have them inside and outside of your front and back. then you use the joiner and join with the wide bias tape. Insert the dowel somehow and sew up the ends so they do not come out. Hope this helps some. If you want I can scan the 3 pages to you. I am Alamoaa at [email protected] As you have to cut these out just so to get all the pieces out of the fabric.