Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 AM
greenini

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
robyn have you ever considered (or tried) adding accupuncture to assist with your meds in controlling your pain? there was a segment regarding chronic pain on npr this week and the stiff drugs being used to control pain and the sometimes drug dependence and body desensitivity that results from taking them.

the last few weeks i have been experiencing some pain issues (potentially chronic) that required strong pain meds. i surely hope i will not end up in a chronic pain management situation so i feel empathy for any who are experiencing it. i have such a hypersensitivity to strong drugs that i am having to explore alternative strategies. accupuncture is one of them.
I'm also one of those who is in a chronic pain situation and have been for years. I feel we pain patients have been done a huge disservice by the anti drug forces. I take pain meds only when needed and would gladly trade my meds for a pain free bod, as would most of those I know who have to take such meds. I have tried accupuncture and sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I hope you are getting some relief Robyn still from your shot and that you continue to get good pain relief. Sometimes the docs are the biggest pains

Havplenty, I hope you find you do not need to take long term pain meds, but when it makes a difference, fighting pain takes a huge amount of your energy, and really causes a lot of problems. If you can get relief, it helps and I will take that anyway I can.

steps off soapbox...