View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
urgodschild2

Hi everyone. I have arrived in Melbourne, Australia safely. I have already taken the tram out to one of the shops that Lynnnie told me about. I got there and I could see signs up......closed. I thought OH Dear. The windows was covered too so I started worrying that maybe it went out of business. When I got there none of that was what I had thought. It was closed for the day, except for classes because the owner was sick. But someone inside saw me standing there and opened the door. I told her where I was from and she asked the proprietors Hubby if I could come in and look. He said YES. So he even let me buy some material. I got the most beautiful aborigini (spelling) material and some feed sack prints. I will probably return there sometime during my Visit. He also gave me a list of other places to check out that were closer to where I live. Gotta love the Australians....they are so nice.
I showed my GD the doll quilts that I am making for March and April. The one for April has appliques on it and my 7 yr old GD wants to help me put them on. I kinda of winced inside thinking how well could a 7 year old do but I am going to let her try one. So if Lynnie and I are matched for April, I am sure she will be delighted to get the doll quilt not only done by me but my darling GD. She is my only GD and she is my artsy crafty girl. She loves the I spy quilt that I made for them and promptly asks me is she can make a small I spy quilt. Gotta love that enthusiasm.