Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
Havplenty, I hope by this time you are feeling MUCH better. Have been in your shoes, and have learned to treasure pain free or pain "managed" days when they come. Hope you find some answers so you can feel better long term. M

mary thanks for your good thoughts. i will take all good thought vibrations i can get. this nerve pain i am experiencing i have been told by my internist is chronic and can become debilitating and there is no "cure" only management potential. i did not like the sound of that but since the end of february her statements have proved true. i cannot imagine my life in a chronic pain management situation as i am so active, involved in the community and several organizations, an organizational fundraiser, a mentor, an avid traveller and an adventurer (sky diving, white water rafting, parasailing).

i will do my extensive research and look for alternative ways to manage this new medical malady of mine because constantly taking narcotics is not the answer for me as i am hypersensitive to meds and narcotics wipe me out totally. if i have to live with this new situtation (and i am still trying to digest this) my goal is not to live my life around my pain but to find a way to make this a teeny bump in the road of my life.

i knew something was considerably wrong with me last month when i could not even touch my hair without being in severe pain and this pain made its way from the top of my head to just below my shoulder, none of which could be touched. i was keeping 4 yr old twins and their 10 yr old brother (niece & nephews) that weekend and i wondered had i just developed an allergy to children or something. who knew it was something this serious. oh well, i believe the road of life is a journey and there are many stops along the way. so i am looking forward to turning the page on this stop real soon.