Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok Skip, I won't send you a nasty PM, but you better NOT hold out on us again!

Yes, I have a Singer 127 that I use to hem all my jeans and my DIL's jeans. That machine will go through that flat felt seam - doubled - like butter. It amazes me - it never skips a stitch or jumps off the seam - just a great old treadle! It is a 1913 machine, and it was my second treadle. I got him right after getting my 27 with the Pheasant decals from 1901. I also have a VS2, but 'Bessie' is not in her treadle as her treadle is in line for a do over - so I have not sewn with Bessie except on the kitchen counter just to see that she will form a stitch!

Nancy
Nancy thanks for the info on the machine capabilities. I will never hold back again I promise. I really thought that all of you knew that the clear coat to protect the decals from the factory was Shellac. That is all they had back then and it was mention in on of Billy"s tut. Sorry. But being an old furniture restorer I take things for granted and just think every one should know these things. I forget the I have been doing this for 40 + years so please forgive me. It will not happen again.