Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Suz

Regarding points: I posted my method awhile back, but will do so again here. Stitch to the tip of the point and take a second stitch at the tip. Remove pins or bastings on the left side of the leaf for about 1-1/2". Turn the tip back and clip carefully the turnunder of the side you just stitched. Do not stretch the leaf fabric. With a toothpick turn, cause or push the seam allowance back at a 45 degree angle. Trim a scant in this area making sure you have sufficient fabric to tuck. With your stitching hand, pinch the next portion of the seam allowance under (keeping the angle turned under also). Hold tightly with the thumb/fingers of the opposite hand up close to the edge of the leaf. Tuck with needle at the tip, taking a stitch at or near the tip and continue down the left side. --- Obviously, these instructions are for right handers. Lefties, you know what to do.

I think the whole clue is getting rid of excess fabric at the tip. Be patient, trim carefully and you will make beautiful points. -- Please let me know if these directions are not clear and I'll try again.