View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
NanaCsews2

I think at some time we all may have buyers remorse. I was afraid to touch my Babylock for quite some time, used it very rarely the first couple of years. Intimidation to put it mildly. Once I got past allowing my DH to insist I purchase it, and afraid of the cost if it didn't work after spending so much on it, I truly enjoyed it. I sent my used Brother to a daughter in law and my mothers used Singer to another daughter in law. Once I had those older machines out of the way, I started to enjoy the machine. But every time we were in a crunch for extra spending money and wanting to take a trip or replace a sofa or appliance, I felt so guilty about the sewing machine sitting there. Five years, a full time and a part time job loss later, we have 2 bedrooms converted to sewing use. I use it everyday and did not feel guilty buying the Babylock Jane to add to my quilting. I no longer have buyer's remorse. Because it is what I want to do, what I have done since I was little, and what I know how to do and will do for many years to come. If I had the space for a longarm, I would give up vacations and extras to get it. Those are over with once done (even though they provide wonderful experiences) but the machines will be waiting for me to stay productive and half-way sane. They are cathartic. It all does work out. Get in there, learn the processes, and enjoy it. I hope you become an extension of your longarm, which will justify the purchase. Now, if you mean by the timing of the longarm physically, perhaps you may need a good rapport with your local service person.