Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Ellageo

I went around & took LOTS of pics of all 6 fire co's. At home I picked the one I liked, & printed it in black & white. (Since I still didn't get my light box!!!!) I taped the pic to a window, taped the fabric on top & traced the outline
of the building...Then I used the 'crayon quilt block' tenique...use Crayola crayons, color in what I wanted, and heat set. Then I started to embroidery stitch "outline"...the buildings, etc. There's my block!! I just used 'Fireman' colors & designed around it...Actually the hardest part for me was ..paper piecing the maltese cross blocks!!! That's the only pattern I could find! & I was confused all the way to the last block!! Starting paper piecing is hard, the rest was OK..
I also did a pic of all my kids homes & used stick figures to put then & their pets in it, then framed it in an old frame from antique store...NOT QUITE like the samplers of days gone by...but a new updated version!! They loved them. I am presently not home, but next week , if you'd like to see that I could send a pic to you...Hvae FUN!!!