View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
amyhamilton

At first i thought she was a featherweight and then i lifted her and thought why would they call it that when it weighs 1/2 a ton.... Good to know she is a 3/4! still SUPER cute.
She has been running fine bit i oiled her anyway and there was some improvement in how she sounds. my other vintage singer, on the other hand, has been chugging along and making some creaky sounds. I gave her a bit of oil here and there, a little extra wear she looked dry and WOWZA! Does she ever fly now. It is amazing what a little oil can do. I was so amazed i started oiling other things around the house, my scissors, the knee bar for the machine...anything and everything with a hinge or pivoting part! I really thought i was going to have to take her into the shop and i was NOT looking forward to it with my current budged...and the fact that she is BUILT INTO a table was going to make it hard to get her into our little compact car. Now she sounds and feels AMAZING! I was always scared to 'maintain' my machine myself, or open anything up, but hey, the warranty is probably up right . I am some glad i did now! I just keep saying wow, stitch a seam and WOW!