Old 04-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Wanabee Quiltin

How sad that someone did that to your beautiful quilt. I was a very late starter when I started quilting and the ladies in my quilting circle told some really sad tales to me. One of the ladies worked months on a Great grandson's baby quilt. When she arrived to see the baby when it was about 3 months old, the dog was sleeping on it in a corner of the living room. Another woman spent hundreds of dollars on a quilt for her daughter and the daughter was going to a wedding without a gift, so she just gave away the beautiful quilt. It made me very leery of giving anything away. When I finally decided to give a quilt to my daughter, something told me to not spend a lot of money on it. I have since repaired it twice now because the dogs sleep with them and the dogs have chewed holes in it. But she loves it and she uses it. She has told me the dogs are older now and I can make her a better one ! Maybe you can get your quilt back by giving her an old rug for the doghouse ? I'd try and get it back....